As a community, Kiowa County School District RE-2 will instill in each student the life skills, positive attitudes, and self-esteem needed to be successful as students and adults. We will strive to provide a safe environment, encourage positive relationships, meaningful opportunities and innovative educational programs for all students so that they can reach their learning potential to meet or exceed state and district content standards through partnerships between home, school and the community.
ADOPTED BY THE BOARD OF EDUCATION October 25, 2000
October 15, 2018
February 4, 2014
LEGAL REF.: C.R.S.22-32-109.1 (requirement that mission statement reflect safety as a priority)
CROSS REF.: ADA, AD-E-1 School District Vision Statement, AD-E-2 School District Objectives
School District Vision Statement
Kiowa County School District RE-2 has developed the vision that:
1. Students will be respected by students, families and community for their high performance and innovation.
2. Students will be proficient in listening, speaking, reading, writing, mathematics, and the use of technology.
3. Students will apply knowledge, concepts, and processes acquired through the curriculum.
4. Students will demonstrate a positive attitude and work ethic.
5. Students will be able to find, evaluate, and use information.
6. Students will demonstrate respect for personal, social, civic, and environmental responsibilities.
7. Students will be academically prepared for higher education.
ADOPTED BY THE BOARD OF EDUCATION February 11, 2014
CROSS REF.: AD School District Mission Statement, AD-E-2 School District Objectives
"Learning to Fly and Soaring High"
Kiowa County School District RE-2, DBA Plainview School, is a public school serving Preschool through 12th grade students. The school is located between the towns of Sheridan Lake and Towner, CO. The school was consolidated and opened in 1962. Today we have approximately 40 students Pre-K - 12th grades. Plainview offers many extracurricular activities for Junior High and High School students, including Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Track, Knowledge Bowl, Cheer and Student Council. Elective classes are based on interests of the students, relevance to learning experiences, and vary widely on topics. The Elementary offers Student Council and full day Kindergarten programs.
School is in session from 7:55 a.m. to 4:00 p.m with multiple bus routes running throughout the District. The entire staff is dedicated to providing curriculum, experiences and nurturing for all students.
Check us out on Facebook for updated announcements or on our homepage of our website.
Sorry, but there was nothing found. Please try different filters.